Shipping a Dually Truck
Planning to ship a dually truck is actually way easier than you imagine. The thing is, you should find the right shipping company that has available and complete equipment for this. Why? Well, first let's talk a little bit more about dually trucks.
Dually Trucks, what are they?
A Dually truck is kind of a pickup truck with one element that differentiates them: Dual real wheels on both sides of the truck, meaning they have four back wheels instead of two. This is mainly for adding traction and power to the truck when it comes to carrying heavy loads or driving rough roads. Big engines, heavy-duty springs, shocks and brakes are other special characteristics of dually trucks. Some examples include the Chevrolet Silverado 3500, Ram 3500 or Ford F-350 Super Duty.
Things to keep in mind before dually truck shipping
There are several things you need to know about dually truck shipping before you start with the process. Factors such as size, pickup/delivery times, or carrier availability, mainly define what the final price could be.
- Size: These types of trucks usually take more than one space on a standard carrier, which results in higher prices because two or more car spaces will be taken. And what if your dually truck can't fit on a standard hauler? Well, in this case, you should require a flatbed transport carrier. This tends to happen in areas where auto-transport is not that common, so we suggest you take into account this situation, as well as your truck´s size.
- Additional costs: Some extra costs could be added to the standard price in case availability or time factors affect the delivery of the truck. Usually, these costs are often built into the total price, which turns into the price you see and will have to pay without any additional changes.
- Carriage availability: It's quite common that looking for a carrier to transport a pickup truck takes longer than looking for an average car shipper. This is because there are few carriers on the road available for transporting these types of trucks. Probably you´ll have to wait a few more days than the average to get your dually truck assigned to a carrier.
AmeriFreight can help you with your dually shipping
Our professional and experienced team is here to ship any kind of vehicle you want, including your dually truck. We´ve been transporting duallys for years, making our customers more than satisfied with the results of our service.
Easy key steps to transport your dually truck with us
- Quote requesting on our website.
- You can either call or receive a call from one of our agents to begin the shipping process.
- Dually truck pickup on your desired location.
- Loading and transportation.
- Final inspection, signing and delivering on new location.
Let AmeriFreight do it for you. Sit back and relax, we are professionals on it.