These are some of the most popular auto transport and car shipping routes,quotes and rate estimates for a standard sedan in running condition. These auto transport rates are all inclusive of deposits and fees. There are no extra hidden Taxes Surcharges or other Costs. For more rate options use the rate calculator below.
Your information is confidential. You are under NO obligation at any time.
Simply fill the form out above for your Auto Transport Rate Estimate. Follow these simple steps.
- Select the basic requirements about the car you need to ship and click on GET RATE.
- The Instant Estimate only helps your to get an idea of how much it will cost to transport your vehicle from state to state.
- Once you get a suggested shipping rate call Amerifreight at 770 486-1010 to confirm your estimate.
- See below for our Consumer Guide on how auto transport rates are calculated for the industry.
Helpful Consumer Guide to auto transport rates:
It is important to remember that car shipping is not based on fixed rates.
The rates are based on many variables and we have tried to give a rough estimate of what you can expect to pay for any of these variables that affect auto transportation. A professional broker should consider all of these variables and negotiate with their contracted carriers to obtain the best possible rate to ship your vehicle.
To ship a standard sedan will cost anywhere between $450 and $2000 anywhere in the continental US depending the distance from pickup and delivery. International shipments are calculated on an individual basis. There is NO fixed rate for any vehicle shipment because of too many variables in the industry. Factors that may increase the cost of shipping your car or other vehicle are:
- Size of Vehicle - It costs more the bigger the car or vehicle as it weighs more and occupies more space. Here are some examples of what the extra cost would be for a
- Mid size sedan - $50
- Large sedan - $100
- Type of vehicle - Shippers for Trucks and SUV's can expect to pay the following rates above the normal shipping rate for an
- SUV - $75
- Large SUV - $125
- Full Size Truck - $150
- Dually - $250
- Condition of the vehicle - If it is not running you will pay a premium to ship your car. If it
- Steers and brakes - $100
- Needs to be forklifted or winched on to a truck - $200 to $500 depending on the size
- Enclosed car or other vehicle shipping costs around 80% more than open auto transport carrier.
- Expedited auto transport - If you need your car or other vehicle picked up in a short period of time and/or earlier delivery it costs more. The following additional costs can be added for expidited car shipping needs.
- Shipping within 5 days of vehicle availability - $ 100
- Shipping within 2 days of vehicle availability - $ 300
- Shipping Same or Next day of vehcle availability - $ 500
- Special requests such as top load for vehicle transport may cost up to $100 more
- Auto Transport Gap protection coverage that will protect you up to $ 2000 for out of pocket expenses in case a car carrier's insurance fails to pay. That may cost you around $100 to $130 depending on the coverage. Important is that this coverage will even protect you should you discover damage within 24 hours after a carrier has left.
- Time of year - Holiday seasons or bad weather may increase the shipping rate. High season (Summer) may require higher auto shipping rates due to carrier demand. You should consider paying anything form $100 to $500 extra during high and holiday seasons.
- Economic conditions - Gas/Diesel rates, factors causing car carriers to adjust their rates. Expect to pay around $ 100 to $300 during economic downturns.
- Pickup and Delivery Locations - Remote locations will require car carriers to make leave the normal well travelled routes and will cost more money. Depending on how far away your location is from large cities or main interstates, you can pay close to twice your initial quoted rate.