Why should I ship my car with AmeriFreight?
The Best Way to Ship a Car With AmeriFreight
1. Call us for an immediate quote or fill in the “Get a Free Estimate” section, and submit it to AmeriFreight
2. After the quotation process, you can respond by email or go online to confirm your order.
You can complete the necessary form online by entering the quotation reference number that you received in your email quote. You will be expected to confirm that you are aware of the legal issues, the payment procedure, and the pick-up and delivery scheduling methods when completing the online confirmation process. This wills also provide AmeriFreight with your correct address and all phone numbers for both the pick-up and delivery locations. We want you to be fully informed. Please see auto transport FAQ’s. Your auto transport reservation cannot be placed until we have your order completed online. Once you have placed your first shipping order with us, you will be able to use the same information for future shipments, and you will be able to track your shipment and rate how happy you are with our service.
3. Auto transport payment
PRICE – The first question you’ll want answered is “What is the total cost?” Obtain quotes from several companies and be prepared to provide the following information to ensure an accurate quote:
departure date window for pick-up
type of vehicle(s) to be shipped
type of service desired (e.g., shipping vs. drive-away)
special requests (e.g., drop off at a terminal vs. at your home)
Once you have received a quote and would like to ship with us, a minimum deposit will be required. That is the amount you will pay when a truck (carrier) is assigned to your vehicle. Upon delivery of your vehicle, the balance will be paid in cash or cashier’s check.
4. To protect your valuable vehicle, please prepare it for auto shipping.
The driver will call you within 12 to 24 hours before he will arrive at the pick-up point to schedule the actual meeting. Be sure to provide AmeriFreight with all necessary phone numbers and cell phone numbers for both the pickup and delivery contacts.
5. At pick up, the truck driver will inspect your vehicle, noting its condition and the mileage on the odometer.
Before you and he sign the Bill of Lading inspection, please look it over to see that it is filled out completely and accurately. Be sure you get a copy of this inspection and check it against your car at the auto relocation destination point.
6. Your vehicle will be transported on an open or closed car transporter.
The car transporter will be anywhere from a three to ten car carrier, just like the ones that are used to deliver new cars to the dealerships. Except for loading and unloading, your car will never be driven without your knowledge.
7. You or your agent will receive a call for the car transport delivery.
12 to 24 hours prior to the actual delivery, the carrier will reach out to discuss the area, directions and estimated meeting time. Please be sure that you have your COD payment, if any, ready for the driver.
8. It is your responsibility to inspect your vehicle for damage when it is delivered.
Any damages noticed at the time of delivery must be noted on the Delivery Bill of Lading. Make sure to review the Bill of Lading before signing the paperwork.
9. AmeriFreight can only help you file a claim for damage against the auto transport truck if it is noted on the delivery Bill of Lading.
10. Once your vehicle has been delivered and you have paid for the services, we would greatly appreciate your feedback.
We appreciate all the feedback and welcome you to rate and review your AmeriFreight experience online.